I have really nothing to write these days.. so I thought I'll just write something about me.. as if it wasn't about me in the first place ;)
* I wished I had an Arabic name; I could've been a Farida or a Nour
* I once wrote a letter to Matthew Perry, telling him to watch "run Lola run" and complaining that "Troy" was a very long movie and that it's good I missed the first 30 mins.
*A week later I went to see Troy again, turns out that I missed the first 45 mins
* I adore Eric Bana
* I missed the first 30 mins of "The chronicles of Narnia" but didn't think about going again
* I wrote Perry that letter in a time when FRIENDS were my only good friends!
*The letter returned undeliverable, ok.. this is the last I'll write about that stupid letter!
* I can connect stuff together and get to conclusion before others do
* I'm very moody
* Chocolate and Coffee are the best things God created, combine them together.. it's heaven!
* I can't read newspapers
* I love the cartoons though
* The background photo of this blog is the actual photograph of the my bedroom's walls, the golden sun in the title is hanging on my wall
* I rarely wear any makeup
* I'm very lazy
* I hate bestsellers, I consider them parts of the cultural trends around us, I don't like to follow the flock!
* I did read "The Da Vinci Code" and "Omaret Yacoubian" though, I was curious to see what the fuss was all about, I liked the books actually
* The conclusion I got is : bestsellers are those books you really finish quickly.. as they say page turners..
* Page turners isn't always a good description .. it could mean more entertaining than intellectual!
* I cry when I see someone die in the news (especially war and explosion news), I cry in the movies, I'll cry sometimes because of the tragic end of a book.. in short, I'm what Egyptians call 2ou2a!
* I prefer reading printed pages than reading off the monitor
* I don't consider me reading Paulo Coelho is following a cultural trend, because I read the Alchemist before most people heard of it
* The book I had so much pain to finish was Coelho's "The Fifth Mountain", I was practically forcing myself to read
* Tootsie is one of my favorite movies.. call me a loser.. I don't care. GO Tootsie!
* As a kid, I just loved "Xanadu". I actually fantasized that I'll discover one day I'm a muse myself!
* I feel so nostalgic whenever they show a song or a dance from Xanadu on TV, I become a kid again
* My favorite Arabic movie.. for a drama queen like me.. "El shomou3 el sawda2" and "Ra7ma men al sama2"
* I love Hend Rostom
* I was a New Kids on the block fan in my early teens, it was mostly Jordan Knight
* Yes, there was a Michael Jackson phase too.. the Dangerous one..
* I hate discussing money; that's not a good thing in the professional field
* I love the sun so much; it's a sign of hope and renewal
* I prefer summer to winter because let's see, many things: my birthday is in the summer, the beach, the summer vacation, the long days and the fact that I don't have to wear layers of clothes
* I get really cold in the winter and I hate feeling cold and shivering
* I spend my money on technology more than clothes and makeup, that's sometimes why I think I'm boyish
* My favorite shoes are sneakers.. I wish I can go to work in jeans and sneakers
* I want a desk besides the window where I can get some sun, I'll put an orange flower in a blue vase on that desk
* I prefer comfort to style; I don't go in rags though
* I can wear the same pendant for 2 years everyday, I connect with my stuff
* I hate driving
* I want to buy a jeep wrangler
* Someday, I want to explore the Egyptian desert and drive off road
* I love brown bread and brown toast
* I've been vegetarian by choice for the past 5 years
* I have weird dreams
* Last night, I think I was telling someone in a dream that I miss meat so much, I really don't.. or may be I do and I don't know
* I think Coptic fasting time is food heaven for vegetarians, I should be ashamed of saying so with the fasting being a time of sacrifice and prayer but it's the only time of the year where I can find vegetarian burgers and cold cuts in the market and when all the fast food outlets offer veggie items!
* I mostly order fries at fast food restaurants, salad, pasta or pizza elsewhere.. yes I get bored of having to order the same foods . I guess I'm bored with most food actually
* I love foul, ta3meya and koshari verryyyy much
* I love felouka rides, I prefer the quiet ones actually (not when my friends start to sing out loud) that way, I get to listen to the water
* I love showing foreigners around
* I almost enrolled in the tourist guide's diploma last year for that same reason
* The biggest mistake of my life was studying pharmacy when I was supposed to be an artist
* Last year, I thought about writing a book, I won't put my title here though cause I might end up writing it, it contains all my little wisdoms!
* I love the rain; I hate the muddy streets and the ponds that follow it
* One summer I lay on my back on the grass and gazed at the stars with my friend Sara, it was one of the most beautiful things I've done in my life
* I love the silence and the quiet yet I'm the noisiest one at home, you can always hear loud music coming out of my room
* I love candles and incense
* Sometimes I light a candle and I shut my bedroom's door, I close my eyes and stay in the darkness.. with my lit candle
* I'm afraid of ghosts (or let's call them evil spirits)
* After I watched "The exorcism of Emily Rose", I kept waking up at night for like 3 nights, afraid to look at the hour.. I was sure it was 3 a.m. though
* I started to practice yoga when I was 17, I was always on and off, the problem is always that I can't fit it into my schedule
* I play the recorder, my parents hate it
* Brother Atef from the Jesuits helped me out with the recorder
* I performed twice solo in the Cairo Opera House small hall, and twice with a choir in the main hall .. that was singing and not the recorder
* I play a little guitar, just 3 chords
* I have the chords to Phoebe Buffay's "Smelly cat", I love to sing the rock version of it!
* I love Natacha Atlas' music
* My favorite Jean Michel Jarre albums are "Metamorphoses", "Chronology" and "Zoolook", I consider the track "C'est la vie" to be my all time favorite!
* I'm addicted to coffee, I give a bad name to Nescafe, I drink a cup and go immediately to bed
* I'm so small and yet I rarely wear high heels, they hurt and they're not good for the back
* I'm pretty much bored from blogging
* I love wearing vanilla scents
* I wish I had curly hair, actually I wish I was a gypsy like Esmeralda
* I want to have a cards and accessories label of my own someday
* I want to be on the Oprah show.. as a guest and not among the audience
* I think the human body is a masterpiece of art, that's why I'm OK with nude sculptures and paintings
* I seem pessimistic sometimes, but actually and deep down I have a rosy image of life
* One thing my friend used to say that I really like "It's all good"
* I learned a lot of new words since I started blogging, mostly cursing
* I have hazel eyes, I have a darker spot on one iris, I thought it was the rest of my pupil and that I had something wrong!
* I love to kneel when I pray
* I love Mohamed Mounir and Salah Jahin, recently Waguih Aziz too (thanks Bisso)
* I love listening to blues
* I love Macguyver, I almost carried duct tape with me because of him!
* I guess may be I got a Swiss knife because of him too!
* I'm a FRIENDS addict
* I quote Mr. Joey Tribiani when he says: "If you're gonna do something wrong, do it right!"
* I have a mythic tarot cards deck yet I can't memorize the cards!
* I hate playing cards
* I prefer puzzle games to strategy ones
* I started playing Sudoku 3 weeks ago, I think it's awesome. I got the link to the online game from Mostafa
* I was a leader of a youth movement in my school for 4 years after I graduated
* I absolutely felt what I was gonna miss when I quit that movement, I knew how precious were the times I spent with the kids
* I believe we only value what we have when we're about to lose it
* I'm not a children person, I like to watch them from a distance, I think I suck at dealing with kids, I like to respect their mentalities instead of faking being their age!
* I hope it'll be different with my children, that I would interact
* By children I mean the really young ones.. that is 0-5!
* I love the color blue.. all shades of blue
* I love the big handbags or the backpacks, I like to carry all what I might need
* Yes, I am an antibacterial gel, and wet wipes person.. you just never know when you might need one!
* I love photography, I participated in the last Sawy contest, they showed 5 out of my 6 submissions
* I love sketching and drawing
* I was never allowed to own pets.. that still applies, a dog is completely out of the question for mom
* I had very few pets, a chick named "Michael".. I' m sad to say, he died at the poultry shop, a white lab mouse named "Jamie" .. this one I adored, I gave her a proper funeral, burried in a carton box in front of the garage, I put a navy blue satin sheet underneath her. Last year I got fish, I had Hector, Iris and Persephone, I got one later to entertain the remaining Iris.. but they all died.. Unfortunately, this time; they were flushed down the toilet! It broke my heart to do so but.. C'est la vie!
* I don't want to get any more pets, cause I get emotionally attached to them and I feel responsible when they die.. may be I was careless sometimes
* I think we get pets because we need to take care of someone or something
* I want to visit the old people's asylum; I just want someone to come with me and then do it on regular basis
* I need to give; I think I have been so self-centered for a while
* This post proves it.. I've never written as much I in my entire life